ICT Policy and Regulation Research from LIRNEasia
LIRNEasia showcased its research from the past year on the 19th December 2005 at the Palm Lounge, Galle Face Hotel. CEO’s and Managing Directors of local telecom operators attended, in addition to the regulator and representatives of donor agencies, investment analysts and the media.
The presentations are available below. The highlights of LIRNEasia’s first year of Research are available HERE.
- Introducing LIRNEasia and its 2005 research program
- Telecom use on a shoestring: Findings from a survey of Sri Lankan and Indian users on less than USD 100 a month
Ayesha Zainudeen & Ayoma Abeysuriya (TNS Lanka); a report on the ‘strategies’ of the financially constrained in the use of telecom services is available on the project page.
- WiFi Innovation in Indonesia
Divakar Goswami. More information is available on the project page.
- Microfinance and the creditworthiness problem: Lessons from Grameen
Malathy Knight-John (IPS), Abu Saeed Khan & Ayesha Zainudeen. The complete report is available HERE
- Universal service funds and access deficit charges: How to do it right
Payal Malik (UoD) & Harsha de Silva. The complete report is available HERE
- The importance of backbone
Rohan Samarajiva. More information is available on the project page.
- Least cost subsidy auctions: Getting the conditions right
Harsha de Silva. More information is available on the project page.
- Assessing regulation: First cut
Chanuka Wattegama (UNDP); The complete report is available HERE
See Photos from the evening HERE