Information has been riding on technology. And now the technology is disrupting the business of information. Reuters’ Editor-in-Chief, David Schlesinger, has outlined the following battle-plan:
- Knowing the story is not enough.
- Telling the story is only the beginning.
- The conversation about the story is as important as the story itself.
- The more you try to be paternalistic and authoritative, the less people will believe you.
- The more you cede control to your audience, the more people will respect you
- The more you embrace new technology as a platform, the more your ideas will compete.
- The more you abandon the faceless and characterless, the more you can set the agenda
- The more you look beyond the story for connections, the more value you will have.
- And if you have value and no one else does, you will get paid.