LIRNEasia celebrated Sri Lanka’s 63rd anniversary of Independence by discussing how to bridge the information and knowledge gaps in the rubber and pineapple value chains in the country, based on the extensive value-chain research conducted by LIRNEasia researchers led by Sriganesh Lokanathan over the past six months. In addition, we initiated research planning for value-chain research in Bangladesh, India and Thailand that will constitute the Knowledge-Based Economies module of LIRNEasia’s current research cycle. Participants from Bangladesh, India, Korea, Nepal and Thailand participated in the rich discussion. Experts from within Sri Lanka included agriculture and demand-side research specialists. The summary report will be posted shortly.
- self defense on Increasing role of Auditors General and Control Authorities in telecom policy and the challenges posed
- Rohan Samarajiva on Sri Lanka disaster early warning: It’s deja vu all over again
- Girty Gamage on Sri Lanka: Bypassing the national disaster early warning center
- ismail on An Easy Guide for Mobile Phone Repairing (for less than one Dollar!)
- When Worlds Collide #70: Sailing the Stormy Seas of Social Media | When Worlds Collide, by Nalaka Gunawardene on How many Internet users and broadband connections in Sri Lanka?