Senior Research Manager, Ayesha Zainudeen participated at the 10th International conference on mobile business (ICMB 2011) from 20-21 June 2011. She made a presentation on Connecting Asia’s poor through the “budget telecom network model”: Innovations, challenges and opportunities, drawing from LIRNEasia’s research on the budget telecom network model, as well as Teleuse@BOP3 findings. The presentation slides can be found here. The theme of the conference was “Mobile Internet: a new paradigm in a new value network,” and explored the current mobile business models and players involved in the value network and their strategies, as well as the technological framework enabling the distribution and creation of services.
- Modular mobile phones that can be upgraded in parts | Syndi.us on Modular mobile phones that can be upgraded in parts
- Smarter phones to dodge the thieves | Syndi.us on Smarter phones to dodge the thieves
- Tom Wilson on International connectivity for small island states
- Google’s potentially disruptive drones | සතුටු වැස්ස බ්ලොග් කියවනය on Google’s potentially disruptive drones
- Internet subscribers and users: What is the difference and why does it matter? | සතුටු වැස්ස බ්ලොග් කියවනය on Internet subscribers and users: What is the difference and why does it matter?