A few days back, on April 11th 2012, a powerful earthquake occurred not too far from Aceh. Naturally, fears of a tsunami were uppermost in people’s minds. It’s been some time since we at LIRNEasia did funded disaster-related research, but within minutes, I was receiving requests for analysis on the lines of the post-mortems we’ve done after every major disaster in the region. So I started keeping notes and writing up a short piece. So far it has been carried in
- Rohan Samarajiva on What are the costs to Pakistan of not having wireless data networks?
- Modular mobile phones that can be upgraded in parts | Syndi.us on Modular mobile phones that can be upgraded in parts
- Smarter phones to dodge the thieves | Syndi.us on Smarter phones to dodge the thieves
- Tom Wilson on International connectivity for small island states
- Google’s potentially disruptive drones | සතුටු වැස්ස බ්ලොග් කියවනය on Google’s potentially disruptive drones