The Ford Foundation has made a grant to LIRNEasia for facilitating and enriching policy discourse in India on increasing broadband access by the poor. The work will cover documentation and archiving of key texts from India and elsewhere, the conduct of several short courses to improve the ability of civil society groups to participate in the policy discourse and the holding of expert fora that will bring together decision makers and stakeholders. The project commences this month and goes on for two years.
- Rohan Samarajiva on Sri Lanka disaster early warning: It’s deja vu all over again
- Girty Gamage on Sri Lanka: Bypassing the national disaster early warning center
- ismail on An Easy Guide for Mobile Phone Repairing (for less than one Dollar!)
- When Worlds Collide #70: Sailing the Stormy Seas of Social Media | When Worlds Collide, by Nalaka Gunawardene on How many Internet users and broadband connections in Sri Lanka?
- Abu Saeed Khan on Increasing role of Auditors General and Control Authorities in telecom policy and the challenges posed