The Ford Foundation has made a grant to LIRNEasia for facilitating and enriching policy discourse in India on increasing broadband access by the poor. The work will cover documentation and archiving of key texts from India and elsewhere, the conduct of several short courses to improve the ability of civil society groups to participate in the policy discourse and the holding of expert fora that will bring together decision makers and stakeholders. The project commences this month and goes on for two years.
- farshad on An Easy Guide for Mobile Phone Repairing (for less than one Dollar!)
- Usha Ramachandra on How do we measure the efficacy of our work? Some evidence from India
- king rama on India’s biggest mobile device company finally starts to manufacture in India
- linnet taylor on A response to an essay about mobile access not being real access to the Internet
- TvoitePari on Increasing role of Auditors General and Control Authorities in telecom policy and the challenges posed