The Ford Foundation has made a grant to LIRNEasia for facilitating and enriching policy discourse in India on increasing broadband access by the poor. The work will cover documentation and archiving of key texts from India and elsewhere, the conduct of several short courses to improve the ability of civil society groups to participate in the policy discourse and the holding of expert fora that will bring together decision makers and stakeholders. The project commences this month and goes on for two years.
- RIA research on two-sided markets published in Telecom Policy on
- Daily Star is first to report IDI Asia rankings on
- Thailand is only SE Asia winner in IDI stakes on
- South Asia fails to make progress in ITU’s ICT Development Index on
- Renewables as cheap as conventional electricity: Time to rethink energy policy? on