O3B is a new satellite company that is offering low latency (120-150 ms) satellite connectivity that should be of great interest to small countries without access to submarine cables; for those wanting redundancy for the existing cables, and even cruise lines. Simple physics does not allow geostationary satellites to give low latency. O3B is using medium orbit satellites. Worth a look.
- What does the Sri Lanka census say about people with the skills to use the Internet? on
- What is the value of a systematic review for the regulatory/policy agencies in small countries on
- Mobile network big data for urban and transport planning on
- Cuba should take telecoms tips from Myanmar on
- Suggestion for the ITU as it heads into its 150th year: Refocus on