Mobile termination prices have always been low in South Asia. S Asia also has among the lowest retail prices for mobile in the world. Therefore, the substance of the policy brief that had formed the basis of a successful intervention by our sister organization RIA to the Parliamentary Committee on Communication has little relevance to this region. However, the exemplary use of comparative data and analyses of company annual reports in relation to media pronouncements in this policy brief is worth a look. Congratulations to RIA on a job well done. We await the announcements of lower prices.
- Affordability of ICT in South Asia improves according to ITU’s Price Basket methodology on
- Renewables as cheap as conventional electricity: Time to rethink energy policy? on
- RIA research on two-sided markets published in Telecom Policy on
- Daily Star is first to report IDI Asia rankings on
- Thailand is only SE Asia winner in IDI stakes on