Few days back I was asked to speak on the above subject at a workshop held at the Center for European Political Studies in Brussels. I discussed what effects the continuing efforts by ETNO and likeminded groups to introduce some form of government mandated rent extraction from Over the Top players such as Google and Facebook are likely to have on small alternative media using the Internet as a workaround or simply as a low-entry-cost publishing opportunity. The slideset that I used is Samarajiva_CEPS_Mar13.
- China helps in connectivity. Now it’s up to Myanmar. on
- Jan Chipchase on Myanmar: Connectivity is not binary. The network is never neutral. on
- Senior Research Fellow Illavarasan on mobiles and empowerment of women entrepreneurs on
- Why Asian mobile operators must pay attention to international backhaul (and UNESCAP) on
- African opinion leader bases a column on LIRNEasia’s systematic review on mobile impacts on