I spent more time than I had on working to fend off bad proposals to impose the sending party network pays principle on data as part of the revision of the International Telecom Regulations of the ITU. We succeeded, but I did not really think there were any winners in Dubai, really. Now that some time has passed, it is time for considered reflection. I spoke on this subject in Brussels in March, but the lecture that I gave in Bangalore to the Ford Foundation funded training course was perhaps the first time I tried to develop a full analysis. The work is not complete yet, but hopefully, I will get it into good form as a paper within a few months. Samarajiva_International.
- Suggestion for the ITU as it heads into its 150th year: Refocus on
- ITU Telecom World highlights big data for development session on
- Beyond the battle of imaginations: Pragmatic and fact-based approach to big data at ITU Telecom World 2014 on
- ITU: From regulation to . . . ? on
- Broadband quality in PK: Download speeds are not the only problem on