These comparisons are, of course, problematic. But still engaging especially in the context of the launch of the Alliance for an Affordable Internet. Thailand yields no data. And I assume they work off advertised speeds rather than real
The Economist provides a nice interactive map. Sri Lanka appears to do best (USD 6.6) among the South Asian countries and Bangladesh terribly (USD 27.3).
- Benefits and costs of mobiles in Myanmar on
- China helps in connectivity. Now it’s up to Myanmar. on
- Jan Chipchase on Myanmar: Connectivity is not binary. The network is never neutral. on
- Senior Research Fellow Illavarasan on mobiles and empowerment of women entrepreneurs on
- Why Asian mobile operators must pay attention to international backhaul (and UNESCAP) on