Faculty at the Department of Sinhala and Mass Communication at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, just outside Colombo, had obtained some additional resources for a two-day workshop to introduce their students to new media and cyber culture. Nalaka Gunawardene, who works closely with LIRNEasia on many issues, was also an invited speaker. It was, obviously, a new subject to the students, but as Nalaka observed in a tweet, they are not emotionally attached to the old media they spend their regular lives studying.
- Internet.org in India causes a flurry of discussion on net neutrality on
- Showering weather data through mobile phone in LKA on
- LIRNEasia agri-markets research reflected in policy discourse on
- And, more coverage in multiple languages for Facebook story on
- LIRNEasia speaking at net neutrality panel in Barcelona on