Faculty at the Department of Sinhala and Mass Communication at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, just outside Colombo, had obtained some additional resources for a two-day workshop to introduce their students to new media and cyber culture. Nalaka Gunawardene, who works closely with LIRNEasia on many issues, was also an invited speaker. It was, obviously, a new subject to the students, but as Nalaka observed in a tweet, they are not emotionally attached to the old media they spend their regular lives studying.
- Indian government fails to relieve itself of USF money on
- What Big Data tells: Where is everybody at Avurudu? on
- Discussing consumer rights in the midst of an uproar over a nationwide blackout on
- Stripe in Sri Lanka : An Alternative to PayPal on
- INET Kathmandu, Emphasis on Social Media and less on ICT Resilience on