Faculty at the Department of Sinhala and Mass Communication at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, just outside Colombo, had obtained some additional resources for a two-day workshop to introduce their students to new media and cyber culture. Nalaka Gunawardene, who works closely with LIRNEasia on many issues, was also an invited speaker. It was, obviously, a new subject to the students, but as Nalaka observed in a tweet, they are not emotionally attached to the old media they spend their regular lives studying.
- More Facebook users than Internet users in South East Asia? on
- ‘IGF 2014: Net Neutrality, Zero Rating and development: What’s the Data?’ LIRNEasia had some solid insight on
- Importance of electricity to rollout of ICT infrastructure on
- Sri Lanka Disaster Management Conference, 24-26 September 2014, to mark 10th anniversary of our greatest disaster on
- Despite competition, MPT SIMs still have black market value on