The telecom law has been passed, but it is incomplete and will probably require an amendment or a supplementary law within two years. The rules under the Law have been published for comment, but no information yet on their final form. The critical licences to Telenor and Ooredoo have not yet been issued. The regulatory agency is to be set up in 2015. A lot remains to be done. This is what will be discussed on the 20th of January at South Pacific 2, Hilton Hawaiian Village.
- China helps in connectivity. Now it’s up to Myanmar. on
- Jan Chipchase on Myanmar: Connectivity is not binary. The network is never neutral. on
- Senior Research Fellow Illavarasan on mobiles and empowerment of women entrepreneurs on
- Why Asian mobile operators must pay attention to international backhaul (and UNESCAP) on
- African opinion leader bases a column on LIRNEasia’s systematic review on mobile impacts on