The Telecommunication Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRCSL) issued a public consultation on establishing a Quality of Service (QoS) regulatory framework for fixed and mobile voice services (consultation reference: TRC/CL/2/1/1/2). The document was well structured and provided insights to the international standards set by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and had an overview of QoS practices by other national regulatory authorities (NRAs). LIRNEasia took the opportunity to respond and used its recently completed research module on improving service delivery in the telecom sector to better inform the recommendations. LIRNEasia’s comments can be found here.
- Cuba should take telecoms tips from Myanmar on
- Suggestion for the ITU as it heads into its 150th year: Refocus on
- ITU Telecom World highlights big data for development session on
- Beyond the battle of imaginations: Pragmatic and fact-based approach to big data at ITU Telecom World 2014 on
- ITU: From regulation to . . . ? on