The Telecommunication Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRCSL) issued a public consultation on establishing a Quality of Service (QoS) regulatory framework for fixed and mobile voice services (consultation reference: TRC/CL/2/1/1/2). The document was well structured and provided insights to the international standards set by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and had an overview of QoS practices by other national regulatory authorities (NRAs). LIRNEasia took the opportunity to respond and used its recently completed research module on improving service delivery in the telecom sector to better inform the recommendations. LIRNEasia’s comments can be found here.
- China helps in connectivity. Now it’s up to Myanmar. on
- Jan Chipchase on Myanmar: Connectivity is not binary. The network is never neutral. on
- Senior Research Fellow Illavarasan on mobiles and empowerment of women entrepreneurs on
- Why Asian mobile operators must pay attention to international backhaul (and UNESCAP) on
- African opinion leader bases a column on LIRNEasia’s systematic review on mobile impacts on