The Telecommunication Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRCSL) issued a public consultation on establishing a Quality of Service (QoS) regulatory framework for fixed and mobile voice services (consultation reference: TRC/CL/2/1/1/2). The document was well structured and provided insights to the international standards set by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and had an overview of QoS practices by other national regulatory authorities (NRAs). LIRNEasia took the opportunity to respond and used its recently completed research module on improving service delivery in the telecom sector to better inform the recommendations. LIRNEasia’s comments can be found here.
- Rohan Samarajiva on What are the costs to Pakistan of not having wireless data networks?
- Modular mobile phones that can be upgraded in parts | Syndi.us on Modular mobile phones that can be upgraded in parts
- Smarter phones to dodge the thieves | Syndi.us on Smarter phones to dodge the thieves
- Tom Wilson on International connectivity for small island states
- Google’s potentially disruptive drones | සතුටු වැස්ස බ්ලොග් කියවනය on Google’s potentially disruptive drones