The Telecommunication Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRCSL) issued a public consultation on establishing a Quality of Service (QoS) regulatory framework for fixed and mobile voice services (consultation reference: TRC/CL/2/1/1/2). The document was well structured and provided insights to the international standards set by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and had an overview of QoS practices by other national regulatory authorities (NRAs). LIRNEasia took the opportunity to respond and used its recently completed research module on improving service delivery in the telecom sector to better inform the recommendations. LIRNEasia’s comments can be found here.
- RIA research on two-sided markets published in Telecom Policy on
- Daily Star is first to report IDI Asia rankings on
- Thailand is only SE Asia winner in IDI stakes on
- South Asia fails to make progress in ITU’s ICT Development Index on
- Renewables as cheap as conventional electricity: Time to rethink energy policy? on