Board of Directors
LIRNEasia’s activities as a non-profit entity incorporated under the Sri Lanka Companies Act are conducted under the supervision of a Board of Directors representing the private and non-profit sectors, namely:
- Rohan Samarajiva, PhD : Chair, LIRNEasia
- Anoja J. Obeyesekere : Executive Vice President, Multinet Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd
- Lakshaman Bandaranayake: Co-Founder and Chair, Vanguard Management Services (Pvt) Limited
- Luxman Siriwardena, MA: Executive Director, The Pathfinder Foundation, Sri Lanka
- Mervyn de Silva : Managing Director of Hayleys Industrial Solutions Ltd
- Vinya Ariyaratne, MPH, MSc (Community Medicine), MD(Community Medicine) : General Secretary, Lanka Jatika Sarvodaya Shramadana Movement, Sri Lanka
- Vishaka Nanayakkara,Tech Licentiate : Senior Lecturer, University of Moratuwa
Scientific Advisory Council
In light of the expanded research program undertaken by LIRNEasia, a Scientific Advisory Council was established in 2005, in addition to the Board of Directors.
- William H. Melody, PhD (Chair): Managing Director, LIRNE.NET, Denmark: Visiting Professor, Center for Communication, Media and IT (CMI), Copenhagen Institute of Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Alison Gillwald, PhD: Executive Director, Research ICT Africa; Infrastructure Management Reform and Regulation; Adjunct Professor at the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business, Management of Infrastructure Reform and Regulation Programme
- Ashok Jhunjhunwala, PhD: Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras (Chennai), India
- Hernan Galperin, PhD : Associate Professor and Director, Centre for Technology and Society, Universidad de San Andrés, Argentina; Steering Committee member, DIRSI; Research Fellow, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Southern California, USA
- Johannes M. Bauer, PhD: Professor, Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media, Michigan State University; Director, Quello Center for Telecommunication Management and Law.
- KF Lai, PhD: Co-founder & Chief Executive Officer, BuzzCity, Singapore
- Partha Mukhopadhyay, PhD: Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Policy Research, India
- Randy Spence, PhD: Director, Economic and Social Development Affiliates (Esda), Canada
- Robin Mansell, PhD: Professor, Department of Media and Communications, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
- Sam Paltridge, PhD: Directorate, Science Technology and Industry, OECD, France
- Shalini Kala: Independent consultant
- Sherille Ismail, JD: Senior Counsel, Federal Communications Commission (FCC), USA (Sherille serves in his personal capacity and not as a representative of the FCC)
- Visoot Phongsathorn: Independent regulatory expert
Past Board Members
- Dr. Indrajit Coomaraswamy: Indrajit Coomaraswamy (PhD) was an official in the Central Bank of Sri Lanka from 1974-1989. He worked in the Economic Research, Statistics and Bank Supervision Divisions. During this time he was also seconded to the Ministry of Finance and Planning (1981-89).
- Sandya Salgado: Sandya Salgado, MBA, MCIM, is a Career Communications Specialist with 25 years of hands-on experience in marketing communications and management; she feels that advertising is her life and not really her job!
- Milagros Rivera: Milagros (Millie) Rivera, PhD, is associate professor and chair of the Communications and New Media Program at the National University of Singapore and director of Social and Cognitive Lab of NUS’ Interactive and Digital Media Institute, Singapore.
- Sithie Thiruchelvam
- W.M Bandusena