Ms. Vishaka Nanayakkara is a Senior Lecturer at University of Moratuwa. Prior to that she acted as, the Head of School of Information Technology & Electrical Engineering at the Northshore College of Business & Technology, Sri Lanka. She is also the Coordinator on introducing ICT for BA degrees on behalf of the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka. She has over fifteen years experience of teaching undergraduate students in the fields of Computer, Electrical and Electronic Engineering in various IT related subjects. Her Research interests are Technology based teaching, learning, assessment in higher education, e-Governance and ICT4D. She has written extensively and many of those are published.
Ms. Nanayakkara received her Technical Licentiate from the Department of Computer Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden. Her Honors (first class) for BSc. in Engineering was from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
Membership in Professional Societies:
- Member, Executive Council, Computer Society of Sri Lanka
- Board Member, Lanka Software Foundation.
- Member of the project steering committee for Postal Network Project, Ministry of Postal and Telecommunication Services
- Accreditation as a teacher in higher education, Staff and Educational Development Association, UK
- Member, Toastmasters International, has obtained Competent Communicator, Advanced Communicator Bronze and Competent Leader awards
- Board member, LIRNEasia