I was recently invited by the United Nations System Influenza Coordination (UNSIC), regional office in Bangkok, to present our findings from the Real-Time Biosurveillance (RTBP) Pilot. UNSIC has appointed Dr. David Nabarro, the founder of Flu-Tracker to develop and implement a comprehensive unified strategy for UN system on pandemic influenza prevention, preparedness and response and increase the effort to control avian influenza. Given the nature of LIRNEasia researchers to speak the evidence as it is and not be superficial as in marketing products, the public and private stakeholders in Bangkok were intrigued to learn of the real intricacies of implementing a systems such the RTBP in India and Sri Lanka. We will continue to collaborate with UNSIC in feeding our extremely rich experiences and implications with possible contributions to their regional good practices documentation due in June 2011.
- international vehicle insurance on Cables are under fire in the “Ring of Fire”
- cash back credit cards on Sri Lanka: Sixth GSM operator licensed?
- moinul zaber on Mismanaging spectrum drags BTRC to litigation
- Why telecom privatization is good » LIRNEasia – a regional ICT … | Telecom Operator News on Why telecom privatization is good
- Why telecom privatization is good » LIRNEasia – a regional ICT … | Telecom Regulation on Why telecom privatization is good