The second of the videos features Rann Vijay Kumar, an agricultural first handler from Samasthipur in Bihar, India. He regularly buys vegetables and cereals directly from farmers, which he then stores and sells to wholesalers. He relies heavily on his mobile phone: to stay in touch with both his supplier farmers and buyers, and to know the latest market prices. Prior to using a mobiles, he used public phones, or passed messages around. Today, he travels less and talks more. On average, he makes about INR 5,000 (USD 99).
- Suggestion for the ITU as it heads into its 150th year: Refocus on
- ITU Telecom World highlights big data for development session on
- Beyond the battle of imaginations: Pragmatic and fact-based approach to big data at ITU Telecom World 2014 on
- ITU: From regulation to . . . ? on
- Broadband quality in PK: Download speeds are not the only problem on