The second of the videos features Rann Vijay Kumar, an agricultural first handler from Samasthipur in Bihar, India. He regularly buys vegetables and cereals directly from farmers, which he then stores and sells to wholesalers. He relies heavily on his mobile phone: to stay in touch with both his supplier farmers and buyers, and to know the latest market prices. Prior to using a mobiles, he used public phones, or passed messages around. Today, he travels less and talks more. On average, he makes about INR 5,000 (USD 99).
- What’s sauce for the goose . . . Americans balking at legal provisions they promote throughout the world on
- Nepal is only South Asian country where Facebook users outnumber Internet users on
- Broadband policy and regulation in Nepal on
- Myanmar; no longer left behind on
- Review of Promoting Local Content Hosting to Develop the Internet Ecosystem on