Luxman resigned from his post as a member of the Board of Directors of LIRNEasia in July 2019.
He is a Fulbright fellow and received his BA (Honors) in political science from the University of Peradeniya and Master’s in economics from Vanderbilt University. After a 20-year spell of public service in Sri Lanka, mainly working for the ministries of finance, economic reform and industries, he did a number of stints with the private sector. They include appointments with a Frankfurt-based consultancy firm, the Productivity Commission of Australia, a commercial bank in Sri Lanka and most recently as a consultant to the Government of Sri Lanka on undertaking economic reforms under a World Bank technical assistance project. His current positions include Executive Director, The Pathfinder Foundation, a non-for-profit think-tank promoting market-based economic reforms and Indo-Sri Lankan relations.
- Executive Director, The Pathfinder Foundation, Sri Lanka
- Team Leader, Public Interest Program Unit, Ministry of Economic Reform, Science & Technology, Government of Sri Lanka
- Head of Human Resources, Mercbank, Sri Lanka
- Research Economist, Productivity Commission, Canberra, Australia
- Executive Director, Sri Lanka German Private Sector Program
- Director of Investment, Ministry of Industries, Science and Technology, Sri Lanka
- Deputy Director, International Economic Co-operation Division, Ministry of Finance/General Treasury, Sri Lanka