Reading the reports from Barcelona, one may think that remitting money using the functionalities of the mobile phone is something new. However, it appears that it is a functioning service in the Philippines, the SMS capital of the world.
SMART PADALA is the first cash remittance service via text. It is a faster and cheaper way of remitting cash from a sender abroad to the celfone of a beneficiary here in the PhilippinesHow does SMART Padala work?
FOR SENDERS ABROAD:
1. Go to any SMART Padala Remittance Partner. Fill out an information sheet about your beneficiary in the Philippines, especially his SMART Celfone number / SMART Money number.
2. The Remittance Center will transfer your remittance to the SMART Money number of your Beneficiary. (NOTE: if you’re using SMART Padala for the first time, your beneficiary will be assigned a SMART money number to which the remittance will be transferred).
3. After a few seconds/minutes, the Remittance Center will confirm that the transaction has been completed.
FOR BENEFICIARIES IN THE PHILIPPINES:
1. You will receive a text message indicating your 16-digit SMART Money number. Another text message will be sent to confirm that the money has been received through the SMART money number.
2. To encash, go to any SMART Padala Center.
3. You will be sent a SMART Money card or you have the option to get a SMART Money Card in any SMART Wireless Center. Using the card, you can withdraw cash in any Banco de Oro, Expressnet or Megalink ATM’s nationwide