The Grameen Foundation has announced a new online assistance center to help microfinance institutions (MFIs) bring the benefits of telecommunications to poor communities around the world. The Village Phone Direct Assistance Center, was launched in Nairobi, Kenya during the International Telecommunications Union’s “Public & Private Sectors Partnership Forum” (PPPF-Africa 2007) conference. It features a how-to manual, a message board, customizable templates and other information that will help MFIs work independently with local telecommunications providers to develop Village Phone Direct programs for their clients. Read more.
- Why, when the solution is staring one in the face, do governments continue to foster grey markets? on
- China Internet restrictions: Frogs slowly boiled on
- Call for regional cooperation in ICT infrastructure by UN ESCAP includes reference to LIRNEasia on
- The reinvention of work on
- Efficient management of state-owned utilities on