The Grameen Foundation has announced a new online assistance center to help microfinance institutions (MFIs) bring the benefits of telecommunications to poor communities around the world. The Village Phone Direct Assistance Center, was launched in Nairobi, Kenya during the International Telecommunications Union’s “Public & Private Sectors Partnership Forum” (PPPF-Africa 2007) conference. It features a how-to manual, a message board, customizable templates and other information that will help MFIs work independently with local telecommunications providers to develop Village Phone Direct programs for their clients. Read more.
- Suggestion for the ITU as it heads into its 150th year: Refocus on
- ITU Telecom World highlights big data for development session on
- Beyond the battle of imaginations: Pragmatic and fact-based approach to big data at ITU Telecom World 2014 on
- ITU: From regulation to . . . ? on
- Broadband quality in PK: Download speeds are not the only problem on