An Expert Forum on ICT Sector Indicators and Benchmarks Regulation for SAARC Regulatory Authorities, co-organized by LIRNEasia and Connectasia, and funded by the IDRC, was held from June 14 – 15, 2008 at the Changi Village Hotel, Singapore. The forum brought together representatives from National Regulatory Agencies (NRAs), in addition to participants attending the 12th Executive Course on Telecom Reform, held prior to the event, at the same venue.
Photos taken of the event can be viewed HERE.
The presentations made are available for download below; a report outlining the day’s proceedings will follow shortly.
14 June 2008
- Setting the Stage: Intelligent Regulation – Rohan Samarajiva (Dinner speaker)
15 June 2008
- Collecting & Reporting Indicators: Problems & Potential – Helani Galpaya
- Broadband Quality of Service – Rajamanickam Thirumurthy
- Broadband QoS Test Results Illustration – Chanuka Wattegama
- NRA Website Survey: Asia- Pacific – Chanuka Wattegama and Lara Alawattegama
- Benchmarking broadband/data prices – Helani Galpaya
- Benchmarking telecom prices: The South Asian case – Tahani Iqbal
- Asian ICT Indicators Database: An introduction – Sriganesh Lokanathan