Millennial Careers 2020 Vision: Report by Manpower group highlights, Though Millennials favor full-time work, over half say they are open to non-traditional forms of employment in the future—freelance, gig work or portfolio careers with multiple jobs. Self-employment is also a tempting future option.
This is based on a quantitative research across 25 countries surveying 19,000 Millennials. They asked what they look for in a job, what development opportunities they seek and what would make them stay with an employer.
Here are some key findings of the survey,
- Seventy-three percent report working more than 40 hours a week, and nearly a quarter work over 50 hours.
- Eighty-four percent foresee significant breaks along the way, reinforcing that Career Waves are replacing the Career Ladder of earlier generations
- Millennials prioritize three things when choosing where and how they work: money, security and time off
- 3/4of working Millennials are currently in full-time jobs, 1/2are open to non-traditional forms of employment in the future.
- 3% of Millennials work in the gig economy
- Millennials say success depends more on having the right skills than the right connections.
- Millennial women plan to take more time out of their careers to care for others, while Millennial men have different priorities that are more focused around themselves.
Comments are closed.