There is huge potential for Jaffna as a second tier IT city. If ideal investment climate is created and few large-scale firms are brought, city can be easily positioned as a hub for IT – BPO operation and providing employment opportunity for many which is currently a big issue in North.
There are lots of positive factors lined up
- Youth in Jaffna are very tech savvy and highly enthusiastic ICT arena.
- Budget 2017 announces 200% Capital allowance for business starting in North
- Capacity of diaspora population and their willingness to invest
- Few volunteer organizations active in region creating awareness and interest to IT entrepreneurship among Northern youth.
- ECTA, PM’s plan of creating 500 B regional economies by connecting south Indian states could benefit city like Jaffna.
Read more on this from below link on my article to Roar- Tamil
Image credit: Yarl IT hub