Our CEO Helani Galpaya was part of an IDRC panel discussion to mark International Women’s Day 2017.
The full video of the discussion is now available on Youtube:
The discussion centered on the question “Is innovation sexist?” leading the panelists to share their perspectives on the difficulties to women’s involvement in research. The conversation explored:
- How research design and implementation can contribute to sexism in innovation
- The lack of role models and negative perception of women in STEM
- Hope for women in the future of innovation
- Cecilia Rocha, Director of the School of Nutrition and Associate Researcher at the Centre for Studies in Food Security at Ryerson University (Toronto, Canada)
- Helani Galpaya, Chief Executive Officer of LIRNEasia (Sri Lanka)
- Tabitha Gathoni Mundia, International Finance Corporation (Washington, D.C.)
- Nozipho Motsa, University of Zululand (South Africa/Swaziland).
Find more information on the IDRC website
We’ve posted about this before.