LIRNEasia is a regional ICT policy and regulation think tank active across the Asia Pacific (About)

Bharti Airtel to launch Sri Lanka operations in December 2008

Leading telecom operator Bharti Airtel will launch operations in Sri Lanka in December, a top official announced on Monday.

“We will roll out the services next month as all formalities are done and issues relating to inter-connectivity have been sorted out,” Bharti Enterprises vice-chairman and managing director Rajan Mittal told reporters in New Delhi.

The telecom giant had been facing problems of inter-connection, with local carriers not willing to give inter-connections to the company.

Source: Hindustan Times, Nov 04

142 Comments to Bharti Airtel to launch Sri Lanka operations in December 2008

1. Shanthini's Gravatar Shanthini
    January 6, 2009 at 11:12 am | Permalink

Could you tell me when I have register in order to get a Airtel phone connected? and please let me know the call charges or tariff to my mail add. If not can I have a contact telephone number in Sri Lanka – Colombo District so that I can clarify my doubts.

Thank You in advance..

2. True Lankan's Gravatar True Lankan
    January 6, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

hey Guys & Gals,
    Do you believe that Airtel is coming here because of their kindness towards Sri Lankans..? oh..I don’t believe…coz I know much about Airtel & following facts will guide you..(I challenge Airtel to give counter arguments for those..)

1. Airtel is using cheapest Chinese Equipments, that’s why they can come with lower charges

2. The performance will degrade very sooner (less than 1 year), then all the subscribers will have to suffer.

3. they are coming with both 2G & 3G…still now they are struggling with 2G (GSM). The products they’ve used for 2G are from the rejected brand from most of other Operators. Therefor their 2G (GSM) network is still having many problems & it’ll be one of worst network in the World

4. their delay in launching in Sri Lanka was mainly due to Point (3)

5. Airtel’s performance in India is no doubt. Its superior. the simple reason is they use high quality European product. But how can we have a guarantee of similar performance here with these Chinese low quality products..?

6. Just think about Global Trends. In future Indians & Chinese will enter into world market & they’ll extract all the profits from other Nations. (Airtel is coming with both Chinese & Indian involvement- this will not be good for Sri Lanka in future)

7. Bharathi (india) Airtel’s one of major intentions is to use Sri Lanka as a place for their Testings (as a test bed). This will cause high power, Microwave emissions which can cause for health effects (headache, Cancer..Gene Abnormalities)

Above are only some facts…Sri Lankans, You may know some other facts too…specially People from Technical Areas may add more into this.

Lets see the things with open mind…this is our country, we are Sri Lankans…!!

3. January 6, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

I am waiting for your worth package

4. m.s.mohamed aroos's Gravatar m.s.mohamed aroos
    January 6, 2009 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Hi……! Im Aroos from Colombo i wont no the airtel postpaid sim charges deatils & rools can you tell me.

5. Mohamed Ziyad's Gravatar Mohamed Ziyad
    January 6, 2009 at 7:59 pm | Permalink

Ziyad from Kalmunai..I am happy to enjoy with Air tel and I want to know charges of the Post paid and Pre paid

6. Mushthaq's Gravatar Mushthaq
    January 6, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

Hi Airtel…..
    can I know da Airtel package charges….??/please inform me…
    Tahnk you…

7. Kasun's Gravatar Kasun
    January 7, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

I Like to Join with You. I Believe you will be a best telecommunication provider in Srilanka recently.

8. Mushthak's Gravatar Mushthak
    January 7, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Itz great day Airtel will be launched as soon as poissible. I’ve already applied for a postpaid package. Hope dat thre’l be more coverage than othr networks in Sri Lanka. Contact me if for vacancies…

9. karunarathne's Gravatar karunarathne
    January 7, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

It is Very Good

10. prabath's Gravatar prabath
    January 7, 2009 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

hi, I wont know how to take airtel

11. Iude Perera's Gravatar Iude Perera
    January 7, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

I request to launch the sims soon as possible.

0774696969

12. True Lankan's Gravatar True Lankan
    January 8, 2009 at 10:42 am | Permalink

Guys..be shamed about you…U all are like beggars…!!

wait & see for 2 months ; presume all ur comments may come against Airtel..!!

13. zameek's Gravatar zameek
    January 8, 2009 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

wel come airtel in sri lanka

14. wimukthi's Gravatar wimukthi
    January 8, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

i am loking for a job and i like to join with air tell………

15. Ruwan Subasinghe's Gravatar Ruwan Subasinghe
    January 8, 2009 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

Hello Airtell,
    First I wish You all the Beat.I like Join with you & Enjoi.
    If you Have Customer Care Agent or Any Computer Side or Any Vercancy Plese Kindly Tell me.
    I passed G.C.E A/L – Maths.
    Followed Computer Telecomunication And Networking
    Computer diploma & Computer Hardware
    Computer Graphic Design
    Contact No: 077-6251748 / 037- 5674875

16. January 9, 2009 at 11:51 am | Permalink

hi, I wont know how to take airtel

17. praba's Gravatar praba
    January 9, 2009 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

helle airtel

if there is any vacancy pls let me know
    allosiousravi@yahoo.com
    hav computer dip

18. Sandya Ratnayake's Gravatar Sandya Ratnayake
    January 9, 2009 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

I am looking forward to join with your team.

19. Sandya Ratnayake's Gravatar Sandya Ratnayake
    January 9, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

No wonder that you will become a most leading Company in Sri Lanka very soon.

20. nalinda's Gravatar nalinda
    January 10, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Airtel Human Resourcs Manager,I Would Like To Work With Airtel Mobile Network. If You Have Customer Care Ajent Or Not Any Computer Side Vacancy Please Kindly Tell Me.. My Contact Number : +940725179830 / +940254904223.
    Thank You!

21. nalinda's Gravatar nalinda
    January 10, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Thank You!

Anuragha pura,
    Galenbindunuwewa

22. nalinda's Gravatar nalinda
    January 10, 2009 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

Thank You!

Anuradha pura,
    Galenbindunuwewa

23. Isira's Gravatar Isira
    January 10, 2009 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Im waiting for airtell in sri lanka.Please inform me your package & Call charges.

24. Indika's Gravatar Indika
    January 10, 2009 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

Airtel HR manager.
    I would like to join to the airtel team. I’ve done G.C.E A/Ls in commerce stream. And also I have working experience in a reputed a bank since April 2007.
    If there’re any vacancies please let me know.

25. chArith's Gravatar chArith
    January 11, 2009 at 10:09 am | Permalink

hellO!!!!!!!!!!! already I’ve done the registration and I want to knOW ABOUT THE AIRTEL post paid rates! SO ARGENT!If you can make it now its great! send me the informations to my email.

26. Kanishka's Gravatar Kanishka
    January 11, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

Please send me the call charges of airtel and the packages too.

27. ruban's Gravatar ruban
    January 12, 2009 at 11:00 am | Permalink

do u know airtel charges?

28. Ashan's Gravatar Ashan
    January 12, 2009 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Please send me airtel rats in sri lanka imediadly.

Thank you.

29. IM NOT A JACKASS's Gravatar IM NOT A JACKASS
    January 12, 2009 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

SEE..HOW MUCH PPL R ASKING TO GET FUCKED IN A PUBLIC BLOG LIKE THIS?
    AIRTEL COME SOON TO FUCK THESE STUPIDO ASSES AND ONCE THEY OPEN THEIR MOUTHS ALSO, DO SHIT THERE.

THEN THEY WILL UNDERSTAND HOW SILLY WERE THEY..

Wait with ya assholes upright, Airtel wil call u babies. “Hello, will u join airtel. we got jobs 4u”.. Hik hik.. :-)
    Shameless Huththo!!!
    @#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*

30. Muthiah Visvalingam's Gravatar Muthiah Visvalingam
    January 13, 2009 at 11:11 am | Permalink

Dear Sir,
    iam an accountat working for big Compandy in Central part of Sri Lanka for last 39yrs i like to join airtel India & also like to have a Branc out let in off Kandy city 4km away place call Katugastota Road kandy.
    I have my own building by the side of themain road about 100 meters with all the facilites any intention of having a branch office i like to join with your company
    thanking you
    yours sincerley
    visvalingam

31. Muthiah Visvalingam's Gravatar Muthiah Visvalingam
    January 13, 2009 at 11:26 am | Permalink

Muthiah Visvalingam
    my contact No 0777840285 kandy sri Lanka
    best of luck for your new product

32. Naminda Mahagamagedara's Gravatar Naminda Mahagamagedara
    January 14, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

I wish you all the beat.
    plz send me the airtel perpaid and postpaid call chagers and packages lis.
    i want to bye good package imediadly

reply me quickly

dear Customer

Naminda

33. Naminda Mahagamagedara's Gravatar Naminda Mahagamagedara
    January 14, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Permalink
  34. ramya's Gravatar ramya
    January 21, 2009 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Dialog is best always. dialog gave a good service for us.

35. January 21, 2009 at 11:40 am | Permalink

I want to Know discription of airtel

36. January 25, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

I’like to the joen witha Airtel…………Plz Help me.I’m Kosala.phone-0718408737

37. January 25, 2009 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

thank’s

38. February 9, 2009 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

Airtel !
    We Are Waiting For You..
    Please Come And Give Network Coverage To Wathurugama Area.
    Coming Soon!

39. February 9, 2009 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

Airtel !
    We Are Waiting For You..
    Please Give 2G & 3GNetwork Coverage To “10 Mile Post”
    [Radawana] Area.
    Coming Soon!

40. Razmin Riyas's Gravatar Razmin Riyas
    July 9, 2009 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

Airtel Human Resourcs Manager,
    I Would Like To Work With Airtel Mobile Network. If You Have Any Computer Side Vacancy Please Kindly Tell Me.
    I have passed G.C.E O/L -2001 and done G.C.E A/L -2006 (Commerce)
    Followed Computer MS Office course in LRUC (Vocational Training center,Mirijjawila,Hambantota)
    I have working experience in Ceylinco Grameen Credit Company as a field executive

If there any vacancies please let me know.My Contact Number :+94776453852

Thank You!
    Razmin Riyas,
    No: B104,Care Housing Foundation,
    Siribopura,
    Hambantota.

41. Jana's Gravatar Jana
    July 18, 2009 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

Hi Telecom People,

I wellcome all the srvice providers in Batticaloa District. I have enough places in Batticaloa to provide land for Transmission tower. Please contact me through email.

call2jana@hotmail.com

42. October 24, 2009 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

Hello

I like to become airtel in Batticaloa. i can help to come airtel inBatticaloa.More info…. Please call back +94715863650 and i have enouh places to provide airtel tranmission towers and i want airtel agent and Ex: to sell sim,reload,cards and other..
    please reply